Saturday, February 25, 2012

annotated source: 02.27

Orwell, George. "Just Junk." The Orwell Prize. Web. 2 February 25. [originally published 5 January 1946].

This is a completely DELIGHTFUL essay, and my dear friend Bess was good enough to point it out to me. This essay talks about London junk shops and the "treasures" that can be found there. George Orwell is an essayist that was likely find his way into my sources, and I'd like to study his essays while in London. This particular essay was noteworthy because it talked about actual London junk shops and the streets they were on and everything and when I read it, the only thing I wanted to do in the whole world was wander around London until I found every single one of those junk shops. Seriously, though, I can't think of anything more wonderful. This essay is great because it not only by a British author but it is about London--win win. As I am in London, the essays that deal directly with London are some that I will highly value while in the field. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment